Tuesday 14 November 2017

An Encore – Cola Pork Chops



Carole's Chatter: Cola Pork Chops


These Cola Pork Chops were very simple to do.  I just popped them in a roasting pan along with ½ a cup of tomato sauce/passata, ¾ cup of cola and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.  I also added a good pinch of salt and pepper and some chilli hot sauce because we like it spicy.

After about an hour and a half in a low/moderate oven they were done.  They were very tasty and succulent but it has to be said that the rind was not at all crisp – which is probably a very good thing because then I wasn't tempted to eat it!

1 comment:

  1. They sure look good! We are in the camper and I brought a package of pork chops to cook tomorrow. This sounds like a really good way to fix them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers