Sunday 28 May 2017

One pot lamb chops



Carole's Chatter: One Pot Lamb Chops


This One Pot Lamb Chops concoction was borne out of laziness (and also hating mountains of dishes). 

Ingredients:

Lamb chops
Potato
Kumara (sweet potato)
Onion
Stock
Sherry
Yams
Tomatoes
Grated cheese
Parmesan cheese
Oil
Salt & pepper

Method:

Heat up your oven to moderate temperature

Oil your casserole dish – make sure it has a lid

Layer up slices of potato, kumara, and onion – salt and pepper each layer as you go.

Put the lamb chops on top.

Pour your stock and sherry over the top.  I had it coming up to just under the chops.  I used a beef stock but any meat or vegetable stock would work.

Half an hour before serving add a layer of sliced yams on top and then 10 minutes before serving your sliced tomatoes and the grated cheese and parmesan.

Cook the last 10 minutes with the lid off.

The vegetables were lovely and tender, the dish was saucy but not too saucy.  And the meat was very tender.

I was very pleased with the outcome of this dish done on the fly.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very good, something I'd like to try. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love one pot meals because they are so easy to clean up afterwards. I will have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore lamb chops and sweet potatoes, so I know I'd love this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers