Saturday 15 April 2017

My Top 20 Books - updated again




This post is my selection of my most loved books that I've posted about.  After much tense reflection I have chosen 10 novels, 5 non-fiction books and 5 graphic or illustrated books. If you click on the titles it'll take you to my post about the book.

I'm going to pop this post into a sidebar so that if you are ever looking for a book to read you can just check it out easily at any time.  I'll update this list from time to time.

Novels
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
The Martian by Andy Weir
84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher 
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Before The Fall by Noah Hawley
The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman

Non-fiction
Toast by Nigel Slater 
Find The Good by Heather Lende
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg 

Graphic/Illustrated
Relish by Lucy Knisley
Le Road Trip by Vivian Swift 
Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan

6 comments:

  1. Oh great post, I'm glad you are going to add it to your sidebar. I have read 4 of the novels you listed and agree, they were great.

    Toast by Nigel is one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see The Martian on your list - I loved it too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carole!!!! I've read some of the novels and agree with all but Gone Girl. Oh, I did not like that book at all! However, I LOVED all of the others' that I've read. Will be checking out the others and your non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I found Gone Girl to be unsettling - it was well written (in my opinion). Is the film any good?

      Delete
  4. Gone Girl is fantastic. I've been meaning to read A Man Called Ove, they just made it into a movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read 3 of your favorites and they are excellent: Major Pettigrew, Ove and The Rosie Project. I would put The Rosie Project in my top 20 too. I want to do a Top 20 Sidebar too, could I use the graphic you used?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers