Sunday 15 January 2017

Tomatoes, Chives and Cream – who would have thought?

Carole's Chatter: Tomatoes, Chives & Cream


I got the idea for this simple dish from Marcella Hazan's Ingredienti.  I bought some lovely orange cherry tomatoes (any sort of tomatoes would be fine).  Then you slice the tomatoes, put them on a plate and season with salt and pepper.  I used Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper.

The sauce is a simple one a little double cream, salt, pepper and snipped up chives. 

Drizzle a little of the sauce onto the tomatoes and put the rest on the side.

This resulted in a surprisingly good little side dish.

5 comments:

  1. I love finding new tomato recipes! This looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks good. And I really enjoyed Ingredienti too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would make a good appetizer too. Fresh tomatoes are a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, I think my husband would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers