Sunday 3 May 2015

Salmon salad on a Tomato Carpaccio

Carole's Chatter: Salmon salad on a Tomato Carpaccio


We really enjoy smoked salmon.  I have already posted on one platter I did teamed up with corn and crispy roast potatoes.  This one was a smoked salmon salad on a tomato Carpaccio – ie a bed of thinly sliced tomatoes.

I prepped my salad ie cut/sliced:

Red chilli
Gherkins
Red Onion
Tomatoes

I put the layer of tomatoes down first, then mixed up the other things with flaked smoked salmon (not canned – hot smoked).


For the dressing, rather than mixing it up into one combined dressing I just dotted some horseradish sauce, chilli sauce and sweet chilli sauce around along with a drizzle of extra virgain olive oil.  Salt and pepper of course.

I put a few lemon wedges on the plate because I thought they would look pretty – but you could just squeeze the lemon juice over the salad.

It was quick to do, fresh and tasty and best of all even healthy.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like salmon but I'd give this salad a try because I love the other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a delicious way to serve leftover roasted or grilled salmon, as well as smoked. Might be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, does that sound good. I want some now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers