Monday 24 November 2014

A Fun Quiz for you – made up by moi!


And now for something completely different – a Monthly Quiz

I hope you like doing quizzes.  I am starting a monthly quiz – it'll be on the last Monday of each month.  It's very low tech – there'll just be the questions and then underneath each one is the answer – but you won't be able to see it until you highlight that line. 

I hope you enjoy doing it – it's just intended to be a bit of fun.  Let me know if you like it by leaving a little comment – maybe saying how many you got right?

So here are November's 10 questions for you

1      Where in the US is Saskatchewan?
It's not in the USA – it's in Canada!

2      Who said this?
     
        Mother Teresa

3      Which country was the first to give women the right to vote?
        New Zealand – in 1893 – big props to us!

4      Which musicians died in a plane crash on 3 February 1959?
Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper (JP Richardson)

5      What, normally, is the central ingredient of moussaka?
Eggplant
 
6      Who painted this painting called La Grande Jatte?



Seurat – a pointillist painter
7      Who wrote My Name is Ozymandias?


Percy Bysshe Shelley – now what were his parents thinking?

8      Where is the only active diamond mine in the US?
Arkansas – the Crater of Diamonds in Pike County

9      How many of the 7 Von Trapp children from the 1965 movie, Sound of Music can you name?
From oldest to youngest - Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl

10     How many of Henry VIII's wives can you name?
        In order they were – Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard and Catherine Parr – (divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived)

6 comments:

  1. Fun quiz! Yes, big props to New Zealand on women's rights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiz was fun and informative, but I'm such a cheater, I looked at the answers even before thinking on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was fun, even though I just did 2/10. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I got partial points for the Von Trapps and Henry VIIIs wives, missing one each. Other than that I only got three correct. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was fun and hope you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun, Carole! I love trivia.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers